Copyright © 2023 All rights reserved. | MYStartup
MYStartup’s Strategic Corporate Partner for this hackathon is PETRONAS.
The MYStartup Hackathon X PETRONAS is a hackathon for the Malaysian Tech ecosystem to solve challenges of the future.
The MYStartup Hackathon 2023 & MYHackathon 2023 programmes are national level hackathon programmes created by the Malaysian Government to help solve corporate challenges, also known in the hackathon as Problem Statements. These are programmes organized by Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd and the Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI).
MYStartup Hackathon’s first cohort is organized for the first time in December 2022. The winner of MYStartup Hackathon will receive cash prizes and a potential collaboration and conditional grant from Cradle for each Problem Statement to help them further develop their winning solutions and bring it to the pilot deployment stage.
The MYStartup Hackathon 2023 programme is designed to help solve corporate problems. The problem statements for MYStartup Hackathon will be designed to help solve corporate company problem statements. Meanwhile, the problem statements for the MYHackathon will come from MYStartup’s Strategic Corporate Partners.
All the MYHackathon problem statements to be solved are rakyat centric. We are trying to make ordinary Malaysia citizens' lives easier by solving the digitalisation needs of the government & the corporations, making Rakyat interactions with them easier, thus saving time & resources. The problem statements for the MYHackathon will come from ministries and agencies.
MYHackathon has just completed its second cohort in November 2022.
The MYHackathon 2023 & MYStartup Hackathon 2023 programmes will be hosted using the Hybrid Physical Format. All participants from all over Malaysia can choose to either attend physically at event venues (location to be confirmed) or attend online via the programme’s official video conferencing link that will be provided on the participants website portal and official social media channels.
The programme is open to participants in two (2) categories:
• All team members must be over 18 years old, open to all Malaysians (other nationalities cannot participate).
• Each team should have a minimum of 2 people, and a maximum of 5 people.
• Each team must appoint a team leader. (Team leader CANNOT be changed throughout the MYHackathon program, both before and even after announced as winner).
• The team leader must be a key decision maker for the team.
• If your team wins, it will be required for the team to register a new Sdn Bhd company. This is to fulfil all Conditional Grant matters from Cradle. The team leader must be the main person in the company & hold at least 51% of shares in the Sdn Bhd company.
• If your team wins, the Team Leader as the majority shareholder will sign all the documents regarding the Conditional Grant with Cradle.
• All companies must be registered with Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) (company type either Sdn Bhd, PLT or Enterprise).
• A majority of the company share ownership (of 51% and above) must be owned by Malaysian citizen.
• The company must be founded less than 5 years ago (cut-off date of: 31 May 2017).
• The total sales of the company since its inception to this day must be less than RM 5.0 million.
• Each company must appoint a team leader. (Team leader CANNOT be changed throughout the MYHackathon program, both before and even after announced as winner).
• The team leader must be a majority shareholder of the company and is a key decision maker.
• If your team wins, the Team Leader as the majority shareholder will sign all the documents regarding the Conditional Grant matters with Cradle.
Only the Team Leader needs to register online to join the programme. This applies to both Team and Company categories. Team members information does not need to be registered yet during this early period.
Please note that the registration for MYStartup Hackathon 2023 will be closing on July 16, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM (Day 3). We kindly request all interested participants to complete their registration before the mentioned deadline. Any late registrations will not be accepted.
After the team leader has completed the online registration, the team leader shall be given access to mystartuphackathon.com. On the MYStartup Hackathon website, the team leader can access all information including the problem statements, mentor lists, event dates, and the submission deadline. All mentoring sessions can also be scheduled through this website.
The problem statements for the hackathon will be released together with the event dates soon. This information will be available on mystartuphackathon.com & on all of Cradle's official social media platforms. All team members will be emailed on the problem statements & event dates. This information will also be made public.
The prize package for the winners & the number of winning teams will be announced soon. Please register for the programme online & we will send all the information and updates to your registered email.
All team members are welcome to attend the hybrid physical, the online launch event, and the final pitch event.
However for all online masterclasses & mentoring sessions, it is only mandatory for the team leader to attend the online masterclasses & mentoring sessions. These sessions will be done through mystartuphackathon.com and will only allow for a single login access, (access to the online portal is only granted to the team leader due to systems requirements).
There will be a section in mystartuphackathon.com where the team leader can do the project submission (both for Teams & Company categories). During this submission process, all information needs to be submitted, including names of all members, and other details required.
We thank you for your kind interest. For more information, you can email us at [email protected], and our dedicated team will be more than happy to answer all your questions regarding the programme.